Monday, August 8, 2011

VeGaS!

So while Mom & Sarah came to visit, Aaron and I went to Vegas for the weekend and met up with some college friends.  We've never been there before and have never left the kids...so we were looking forward to this weekend!  We stayed at the New York New York...pretty good location on the strip and lots to do just inside the hotel.  My friend Katie and her husband Don came in Thursday night so they already had the room, we all shared.  So while we waited for our other friend Heather, a.k.a. "Booty" to get there, we soaked up some rays at the pool.  So relaxing:)  Then we went on the roller coaster at the hotel (I was looking forward to this as it's been a long time since I haven't had little ones or been pregnant...but it was very jerky and the next day I was seriously sore from it, now that's a sign I'm getting old, haha!)  Once Booty got there we went and ate at Hooters...never been, and we saw this sign that said $.25 wings, $1.00 beers....but when we got there, that was their special for like midnight to 6am or something weird like that.  But since we walked all the way there, we decided to stay.  After that we went back to the hotel and gambled a little.  (never did win anything!) Sat. the guys went golfing during the day and us girls walked the strip and did some shopping (things look a lot closer than they really are, as we didn't even make it half way down the strip and wanted to turn around, plus it was at least 100 degrees there, too hot!).  That night we stayed at our hotel and ate dinner at one of the restaurants, then went to a dualing piano bar (LOVE those!) and Coyote Ugly bar (not what I expected, stayed for like 2 minutes and left, just not our scene anymore I guess!).  Sunday we hung out in the morning and took off about 11am...little did we know traffic would be crazy leaving Vegas and it took us an extra hour and a half to get home!  But it was a great time and appreciated the little break:)

Statue of Liberty outside our New York New York hotel

Booty, me and Katie...basketball girls together again:)

Good luck to us!

Booty and Aaron gambling on the slots

Relaxing by the pool:)

Aaron and Don getting ready to go golfing

Some of the characters on the strip...had to get Elmo

and Barney to show the kids:)

Zoltar from "BIG" haha, and notice our big drinks in our hand....they had daiquiri bars (everywhere!) where you could mix different flavors and they were so good!

Katie and I

The group out to dinner Sat. night

Gold 4 Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment