Friday, December 10, 2010

Surprise Visit from Aunt Sarah!

This past weekend we celebrated Olivia's first birthday as I blogged about below. So Friday night Aaron said he had to go get some of my birthday gift, he needed to leave at 7:30. I was a little confused wondering why he need to be somewhere at a certain time, I was just thinking he was going to the mall or something. But i didn't ask questions, until 9:30 and he still wasn't home. I called to see when he was going to be home, I was trying to get everything prepared for Olivia's party and was wondering where my help was! He said the guy was late he'd be there in 20 min. So my mind starts wondering what could he be doing...I was thinking he could go to the airport, that would take about 2 hours (there and back) but all my family had already booked their tickets to come out for the baby, so certainly it wouldn't be any of them. I was confused! When he got home, he came in the kitchen and said I had to go to the front door it was too heavy. So when I go there, I see bags and Sarah is around the corner! Great surprise! She said she saw the invite go out for Olivia's first birthday party and wanted to be here, so she bought a plane ticket for the weekend (that's a little bit of my dad in her i think!!). She couldn't have come at a better time, I put her right to work and had her prepping food that night:) Aiden was so surprised when he woke up and Aunt Sarah was here....he had a blast with her! So Saturday was Olivia's party and then Sunday we took the kids up to Tom's Farm...its a really cute place with restaurants, stores, farmers market, xmas tree lot, and a kids area where they can do tractor rides, train rides, carousel rides, petting zoo, horse rides, and Santa was there this time of year. She left early Monday morning to get back for her kindergarten class's concert that night. It was a great weekend, glad she surprised us and can't wait to have her back in March:)




Sarah brought Olivia "I'm as cute as my Aunt" shirt:)


Sarah & Aiden on the train ride, it got a little chilly and started to sprinkle towards the end, so we were the last ones to get a train ride!
These tractors were cute, Aiden would push the gas pedal and steer it around the track, Aaron had to help at first as I think this was the first time Aiden has ever driven something like this.


Waiting for the carousel:)

No comments:

Post a Comment