Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Aiden's 5th Birthday!

March 18, Aiden turned 5!!!  Hard to believe!  I made a post on FB about how 5 years ago, Aaron was deployed to Iraq and I was having our first child w/o him.  Thank goodness Aiden won't remember, but Aaron and I will and for that we don't take anything for granted!  Aiden is the most spirited, energetic, funny kid I know and he makes our life better everyday!  We had a little family celebration the day of his birthday, had a little cake and gave him his presents from us (the big present being a razor scooter he's been wanting!) and then last weekend we had a Batman party with some friends:)  It was a lot of fun!


Birthday Boy!


New scooter and Batman helmet:)

Party with friends:)  (I ordered an edible cake image and it didn't come in time, so I had to decorate it myself which wasn't very good! lol)

Bat shaped sugar cookies and cupcakes ( I did make these and the cupcake toppers:))

Little homemade birthday sign:)

Saw this idea on the internet:  printed the papers and wrapped them around the water bottles for the kids.  It says "superhero energy fuel" and it was amazing how much "energy" they had from drinking their water "energy drinks", haha!

Put their super hero capes on and were getting ready to "shoot" the bad guys.

Tried to get a pic of all the kids ( I think we had 12!) but they wouldn't all scoot together, lol.  But I found these cape/mask sets on clearance at Wal-Mart and then glued some felt on the back of each kid's first initial, they were sooo cute:)


Here's the back of them, (got the templates of the Internet again and it was pretty easy).

Posted pics of some of the bad guys from Batman and the kids sprayed them with silly string, it was fun:)

A little hard to push for the little kids, so helping Olivia:)

Aiden with his buddies Dylan & Conor

The fam:)

No comments:

Post a Comment